How to Blog Using Microsoft Word
…. Microsoft Word 3 and Up
- Open a blog account: WordPress is one of many blog sites that offers a Free service
- Write down the username, URL, and password
You will need them later when you setup Word for Blogging
- Start Microsoft Word
- We will now configure MS Word to communicate with your Blog
Go to FILE à NEW à Blog Post
Then Click CREATE
Then Click MANAGE ACCOUNTS
Enter the information from your Blog Provider (WordPress) in the appropriate fields
- And you’re done the setup!!
- Now you are ready to BLOG with MS Word
- Write your message, letter, article, newsletter as you normally would
Insert pictures, links, etc.
Here is the banner for my blog http://theitconnection.wordpress.comSo you can see that I added a link and a picture very easily.
When you are ready to save the document …..
In Word 2003 and 2007 Find the Menu Command Called PUBLISH
In Word 2010 Go to FILE à SAVE And SEND à Publish as Blog Post
Click on the Menu PUBLISH AS BLOG POST
And then the Button called Publish as Blog Post
- A new page will open up with the content pre-formatted for your blog
- Enter the Post Title in the Space provided
- Click PUBLISH
- You have now blogged with MS Word for the first time!