BitStrips for Schools
In my new role as eLearning Contact and Digital Resources Coordinator I get to discover new and exciting applications that I would only marginally know in my previous involvement in ICT.
One of these is Bitstrip for Schools.
What is Bitstrips for Schools? Bitstrips is an OSAPAC licensed Resource, This means that it is free for schools.
Here are a few quick facts on Bitrstrips:
- Comics Designer Software
- Web Based
- Students don’t need to have artistic skills to use it
Teachers can use it to:
- create engaging assignments in the form of interactive comic strips
- create lessons and share them with other teachers within the online Bitstrips Library
showcase and remix students’ creations in their own lessons
Students can use it to:
- Create cartoon characters of themselves
- Can literally be “inside their own school work”
Collaborate, share, and remix comic strips for group projects
Here are some other reasons to start thinking about integrating BItstrips into some of your lessons:
- Kids Love Comics
- Kids Connect with Cartoons & Comic Strips Naturally
Educators can harness this natural attraction for learning
- Comics are a proven tool for building language skills
Particularly powerful for boy’s literacy
- Critical Thinking Skills: Collecting, Organizing, Synthesizing, Filtering, Re mixing
- Media Literacy Skills: Visual, textual, Spatial
Collaborative, Social, online Experience
- Expands Teacher’s Repertoire
Flexible Application: Multi Level, Multi Grade, Multi Subject
Entire New Medium to deliver Curriculum
Go to http://www.bitstripsforschools.com/ontario/ and check it out for yourself!!